Cold, Flu, or Corona Virus?
You may be feeling concerned about the Corona virus, also known as COVID-19, that has been in the news. If so, you are not alone. If you're sick or think that you may have come into contact with someone who is sick, we are here for you. Chances are you have the flu or a common cold. Staying home to take care of yourself is one of the best ways to avoid spreading any of these illnesses. If you need medical advice, please call your local community health center. A staff member will provide advice for you and make your doctor aware of your concerns. Continue browsing this page for more information, including links to the Santa Clara Public Health Department and CDC regarding Coronavirus. Here are some specific measures recommended by the Center for Disease Control(CDC) you can take to protect yourself and your loved ones:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands with soap and water regularly.
- Alcohol hand sanitizers are also effective.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick and keep sick children home from school.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or your elbow. If you use a tissue, wash your hands afterwards.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
2. CDC Fact Sheet for Patients (121 KB)
3. CDC Prevention Flyer (English) (157 KB)
4. CDC Prevention Flyer (Spanish) (158 KB)